5 THINGS A 5TH YEAR WANTS 1ST YEARS TO KNOW
The first year at University can be overwhelming, exciting and all-consuming, but we have some tips from a 5th year UOW student to help you make the most of your time at UOW.
- There’s is SO much more to uni than just study. Get involved in clubs & societies, or volunteering. You’ll meet amazing people and learn so much about yourself.⠀
- Things aren’t meant to always be hard. If you need help, just ask. There are so many support options that UOW. It’ll make your university life so much easier when you have a strong support network.⠀
- Don’t push things back or wait until a better time. You want to go on exchange? Do it. You want to change degrees? Do it.⠀
- Do things by yourself. Take yourself to lunch, to the movies, or to a UniBar gig. The best thing you can do is learn to love being by yourself and being comfortable in your own company. ⠀
- Uni is so different to high school. There’s so much freedom for you to grow and learn in new ways. Do things because you want to, not because you feel you have to.⠀
Written by @maddi_creamer