CEO Update as at 17th June 2020
There have been a number of changes to our operations after the further easing of restrictions. Now is the time to support businesses on campus to ensure the long term viability and to support local jobs.
We are very excited to announce that UniActive Wollongong and Innovation Campus gyms as well as the pool will reopen on Monday 22nd June. Whilst this is great news for everyone, reopening is subject to several restrictions including:
- Maximum 20 participants in a Group Fitness Class
- Maximum 100 people in the gym
- 1 person per 4 square metres
- Strict 1.5m social distancing
The health and safety of staff and members is our number one priority, hence we’re working hard behind the scenes planning how we can deliver the best experience, programs and services for our members whilst ensuring UniActive is a COVID-Safe environment, meeting or exceeding best practice standards specified by the NSW government and Fitness Australia.
The operating times are as follows and there will be staff present at the times:
UniActive Gym – Wollongong Campus
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday: 7.30am – 12:30pm
Sunday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
UniActive Pool – Wollongong Campus
Monday: 5.30am – 7:30pm
Tuesday: 5.30am – 7.30pm
Wednesday: 5.30am – 6.00pm
Thursday: 5.30am – 7.30pm
Friday: 5.30am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 5.30am – 2pm
Lap swimming is subject to availability – see timetable and lane availability here
UniActive Gym – Innovation Campus
Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 1:00pm and 3:00pm – 8:00pm
We know you will have questions so we have create a Frequently Asked Questions section on the website to answer as many questions as possible. As information continues to come through from the Government we will update the website. If you have any additional questions please contact us on 4221 4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building 11 Food Court and Level 1 Student Space
From Monday 15th June, we will be opening the Building 11 Food Court and Level 1 Student Space. Come and support your local food outlets while studying and catching up with friends. Please ensure you adhere to social distancing requirements.
There are plenty of yummy options to choose from:
- Piccolo Me
- Okuma Sushi House
- Little Curry House
To find out the operating hours for each outlet check out the website
Uni Hair and Beauty
Uni Hair and Beauty will be reopening this week and is available on Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 1.00pm (open late Wed by appt only). Call 4229 6131to book your appointment.
Pit Stop Café
Pitt Stop café at UniActive will open Monday 22nd June from 9.00am to 1.00pm Monday – Friday so come and grab your coffees, snacks or a lunch treat.
Your favourite bubble tea is back and will be open from Wednesday 17th June and will be open from 11.00am to 2.00pm
CEO update as at 29th May 2020
As restrictions begin to ease, UOW Pulse would like to provide an update on our services that will take effect from Monday 1st June 2020.
UniBar is excited to be reopening for 50 patrons as at Monday 1 June 2020 with the below restrictions being put in place*:
- Our Managers have completed the Government COVID-19 infection control training course
- UniBar has ensured all tables and chairs are socially distant
- There will be a team member on the door to explain the entry / exit and movement rules. That team member will ensure:
- Patron’s details will be recorded on entry
- The number of patrons within the bar will remain below 50 or 4m2 per person
- There will be a roving team member
- Disinfecting and sanitising tables and chairs
- Ensuring each patron remains seated
- Ensuring each patron is socially distanced
- Sanitiser is available for all patrons upon entry and exit
- Drinks and meals
- All drinks must be served with a meal and will be table service only
- All crockery and cutlery used within the bar is BioPak and disposable
- Bookings are accepted but can be no larger than 10 people
- No patrons will be allowed to stand, mingle or dance
*NB this information is correct as at 27th May and may change with updated information from Government, peak association(s) and or representative bodies to the Pub, Club and Hotel industry.
UniActive – Ovals and Fields
Our sporting ovals and fields will be reopening from Monday 1st June 2020 with the below guidelines being put in place to keep everyone safe:
- Use of ovals and fields is strictly limited to confirmed bookings only
- There is a maximum of 10 people per half field which will be clearly marked out (average space of 4 sq/m per person applies, includes players, coaches, officials and spectators)
- Spectators abide by social distancing of 1.5m
- The change rooms are unable to be used. Toilet facilities only if required
- All clubs will need to provide hand sanitiser for players to use hands before and after training
- All equipment must be sanitised after each session by the club
- Clubs will be keeping a record of attendance
- Each club is required to have a nominated COVID safety officer who has completed the Government COVID Safety Module (coaches also recommended to complete)
- All training sessions plans must not include the following: contact, close marking, tackling, line outs, scrums, wrestling
Cafés and Restaurants
We are welcoming back Little Curry House on Monday 1st June who will be operating from 11am- 2pm. Various food and beverage outlets have continued to remain open over the last fortnight and operating hours for businesses on campus can be found here. These hours may continue to vary and we ask that you continue to check the website.